Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 21: No progress, but making a new plan

I was 143 lbs this morning. I haven't made any real progress lately.

And like I said in my last entry, I've felt the need to reconnect with my values, mainly veganism, and I think if I stick to that, I'll be way better off.

So in that mindset last night, I picked up my book BECOMING VEGAN which I'm about 80% through and the next chapter just happened to be called "underweight". And strangely enough, it turned out to be an entire chapter on how to gain weight with a vegan diet!



So I learned some things from that chapter and I have some new ideas.

1.) They said 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil is a good idea. I think i'll pour some in a dish, and eat it with bread before bed every night.
2.) They said avocado is another good idea. I think I'm going to buy them more often and call my friend Kris because she served avocado with lemon juice or something once, and it was amazing.
3.) Protein shakes. This is the main way I plan to increase my intake. Apparently I can get a soy protein mix. Whey protein is derived from dairy so that's a no no... but soy protein is just as good if not better. I can drink it with soy milk daily and that should make a nice difference. =)

According to the book, 500 extra calories a day results in a pound a week... and my goal is 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Sooo I should aim for about 1200 extra calories a day. I'll keep eating big meals, snacking on nuts at work, and do those other things above and I should be able to successfully gain and eat vegan and healthy at the same time. =)

Yah, cuz I'm done sneaking double cheeseburgers. I STILL felt sick last night. Screw that...

No comments: