Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Calorie Counting

Thought I'd try counting my calories a little and see if that gives me an idea of how much I need to eat. I should be eating 1,900 calories per day to maintain my weight, and 500 calories more per day is supposed to result in about a pound gain per week. So to gain 2 lbs a week theoretically I should eat about 2,900 calories per day.

Yikes. That might not be easy for me.

I used this Calories Per Day Calculator to figure some of that out.

August 18th Tuesday, Calorie Counting
Morning
Coffee w/soy creamer & sugar (1 cup) - 50 calories

Snack
Cashews - (1 serving) - 150 calories

Lunch
6" Subway veggie sub no cheese - 230 calories
1 Coke - 140 calories
1 serving of chips - 150 calories
6 oreos & soymilk - 420 calories

Snack
1 Pepsi- 150 calories

Dinner
Chana Masala 2 servings = 500 calories
Jasmine Rice 1.5 cups = 300 calories
Garlic Naan 3/4 a piece = 150 calories
Coke = 140 calories

Snack
Pez (6 rolls) = 210 calories
Coke = 140 calories

Late Snacks
Soymilk (1 cup) = 100 calories
4 more oreos = 210 calories
1 roll = 140 calories
2 tb olive oil = 240 calories

Total: 3,320
Goal: 3,000

5 comments:

B.Rich said...

I can't get enough of the stats, they must be in my blood as well.

I was wondering if you followed the Fat Project on thespark.com several years ago. Your blog just reminded me so much of it that I had find it again.

I'm sure you would enjoy it, heres the link:
http://www.okcupid.com/humor/fat-project-home.html

YumYumGirl said...

That was pretty cool.. thanks for sharing.. but sadly I didn't see any real change in the girl.. boo!

Theirs was a joke.. mine's for real.. how sad? ha

B.Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B.Rich said...

Lol, I don't think you read through it. She ended up gaining 28 lbs in 30 days, and the change was really dramatic.

Example: Here is the day 22 update. There's even a nice graph on there for you ;)

http://www.okcupid.com/humor/fat-project-12.html

YumYumGirl said...

Heh that was pretty cool. =) Once they point out stuff it was easier to see. hmm exciting. Maybe I can learn something from that? *thinks*