Tuesday, October 14, 2008

11 Weeks Done: 22 lb gain so far

I was 159 this morning.. thats another pound. I'm not even really trying, but oh wells...

My Weight
Day 1: 137 lbs *start*
Day 2: 138 lbs
Day 6: 139 lbs (1 week)
Day 9: 140 lbs
Day 10: 142 lbs
Day 15: 144 lbs (2 weeks)
Day 22: 145 lbs (3 weeks)
Day 29: 148 lbs (4 weeks)
Day 36: 151 lbs (5 weeks)
Day 45: 152 lbs (6 weeks)
Day 48: 155 lbs
Day 63: 156 lbs (9 weeks)
Day 68: 157 lbs *1st goal reached!
Day 69: 158 lbs (10 weeks)
Day 77: 159 lbs (11 weeks)

Or lets do it this way...

My Gaining
Day 1: 0 lbs gained
Day 2: 1 lb
Day 6: 2 lbs
Day 9: 3 lbs
Day 10: 5 lbs
Day 15: 7 lbs (2 weeks)
Day 22: 8 lbs (3 weeks)
Day 29: 11 lbs (4 weeks)
Day 36: 14 lbs (5 weeks)
Day 45: 15 lbs (6 weeks)
Day 48: 18 lbs
Day 63: 19 lbs (9 weeks)
Day 68: 20 lbs *1st goal reached!
Day 69: 21 lbs (10 weeks)
Day 77: 22 lbs (11 weeks)

Next Goal: 30 lbs

I should probably be there in a month sooo around day 100 which is about mid-November. Wow, never been that heavy before... kinda scared

Edit: Hmmm just got my second comment. A lady from our board and I were talking about diets and I was explaining what I know about calories and she's like.. well, I've noticed that YOU'RE putting on some weight. Wow. I was like yah, I'm doing it on purpose.. my face was getting sunken in and stuff, I thought I'd try gaining for awhile. =)

The comments are starting.... My coworker who was there was like "no no she's skinny.. she needs to gain some weight.. get some curves.." haha I wonder if she'll change her tune after I get another 10 lbs?

3 comments:

JMacVox said...

You rock. I don't have your confidence yet. I've only had a few folks say anything to me - I've always been athletic, so only within the last 10 pounds have I started looking soft. I end up joking about it - I usually shake my head in fake exasperation and make some kind of joke about my lack of willpower (or about food being too lonely to leave on the plate). I think that you have actually taken control by telling people outright - they can then either shut up if they don't like it, or can cheer you on if they're happy for you.

It has definitely helped me to have met two foodees at the office that don't mind gaining a few pounds with me - it helps to have a few allies that aren't afraid to join me for an indulgent lunch or coffee run, and they seem to get a kick out of my daily suggestions for bad food. (I'm a bit of a bad influence, I'll admit.) Do you have any friends who can help you get past the rough days (and even treat you to a cookie?)?

You're doing so awesome, YYG. There's no race to put on the pounds - it's totally okay to take a little time to enjoy your new bod and get used to it. Any time you're feeling yuckster, just shoot us a post and we'll share some candy with ya!

YumYumGirl said...

heh yah, I'm not sure why I tell people outright.. its not a plan or anything! Its a reaction.. I think I'm scared that people will think "i'm letting myself go" but I'm not! I'm hopefully making myself better... I dunno.

I've told quite a few people in the office that i'm gaining on purpose now, in hopes that when I gain more, they will be like "oh yah, she's doing this on purpose".. makes me feel better for some reason

I don't really have any allies except for online, but its ok.. you guys are great. =)

JMacVox said...

If you can do it, find one or two peeps that you enjoy hanging out with, and invite them out for lunch (or a snack) with you every once in a while. Nobody has ever turned me down from an invite to grab a snack or an ice cream - even if they don't eat with me, they have a chance to get away from the desk for awhile.

One of my co-workers joked that I was going to "get her fat", so I just happily replied that it was okay -we could be fat together. She laughed, but it actually was a little fun to get an indulgence buddy...

I figure if smokers can have routine "smoke breaks" and still be productive, then I can take snack breaks the same way, right? : )