Monday, October 6, 2008

Week 10, Day 6: 21 lbs up.. dang

So I woke up this morning and surprise, another pound. Sooo I'm up 21 lbs and going for 30! yikes!

My Gaining
Day 1: 137 lbs *start*
Day 2: 138 lbs
Day 6: 139 lbs (1 week)
Day 9: 140 lbs
Day 10: 142 lbs
Day 15: 144 lbs (2 weeks)
Day 22: 145 lbs (3 weeks)
Day 29: 148 lbs (4 weeks)
Day 36: 151 lbs (5 weeks)
Day 45: 152 lbs (6 weeks)
Day 48: 155 lbs
Day 63: 156 lbs (9 weeks)
Day 68: 157 lbs *1st goal reached!
Day 69: 158 lbs

I had to go to Target this weekend and buy some new clothes. I normally buy size 4 or 6 jeans but I had to go with 8! They are a little big on me but I'm pretty sure they won't be for long and even some of my size 6 jeans are feeling a bit tight.

Also got 2 cute shirts. I used to always wear medium and when I tried on clothes, I got mediums but wow, I've definately gotten bigger, because the mediums were definately too tight! I had to go with large, and that seems to fit just right. Wow, crazy what 20 lbs can do...

3 comments:

JMacVox said...

FUN, Stace! Buying gainer clothes can kinda stink from a budget standpoint, but it can be so awesome from other perspectives:

1. First of all... new clothes! Always cool to try on new stuff, especially when you fill it out a little better. Gives you a reason to go shopping, and new outfits are always fun.

2. Floor length mirrors - this one is totally a power thing. Most people DREAD looking at themselves in the floor length mirror, but if you're intentionally gaining, it's awesome because you actually can have a good time checking out your new figure. Strangely empowering...

3. A little arousing. This one is totally foreign to anyone who isn't gaining on purpose - going up a size is an actual tangible accomplishment, and I always get that weird/cool little rush of "whoah, I'm really doing this..." excitement when pants or shirts start to get a bit too tight. Such a fun little tingle - makes you want to keep up the good work! : )

Finally, I'd recommend that you check out stylish loungewear and yoga outfits (New York and Company, Target, etc) - you can find some really fun stuff in a variety of colors, and they tend to stretch out with you without binding or getting uncomfortable. They also hug those new curves really well - think of them as an investment that will keep you feeling hawt while the belly is full!

Keep up the good eating - this blog is fantastic. Can't wait til you celebrate 30!

YumYumGirl said...

Hey, yah.. =) you are right about a lot of that. Only thing is I still get somewhat disgusted when I look in the mirror just bc I don't entirely like where my weight goes! but obviously, thats out of my control.. so i might as well just enjoy the ride. =) I mean i don't hate it either.. just wish it was a little more friendly to my chest and booty! lol

Menno said...

ok i´m short but a lot more chubby and i wear in shirts medium even in some things small ... i fear american sizes are mean;)

(aka bigbelly-love)