Saturday, October 18, 2008

Calories to Maintain My Weight?

Okay, so I'll start by saying I really blew it yesterday and fell asleep early before my last meal of the day! ugh! Sooo I only ate like 1,800 calories which isn't a lot. And I was back to 158 this morning. SAD FACE.

It's okay though. It really shouldn't take much for me to get to 160. I was steadily 159 for like, all this week.

Okay, and so calories! I've been calorie counting since Sept 23rd so I'm going to try and figure out how many calories it takes for me to maintain my weight. I like doing calculations like this..ha

So in 25 days I ate 60,390 calories.
That's about 2,416 calories a day.
And during this span I gained 6 lbs.

Sooo I've read that 3,500 calories more than you need equals a 1 lb gain.
This means I ate roughly 21,000 more calories than I needed during these 25 days.
Soo what I needed was only 39,390 calories.
This means to maintain my weight I would have needed 1,576 calories per day.

So that's my needed calories per day to maintain my weight!

So that means if I eat 2,100 calories a day, I will gain 1 lb a week.
If I eat 2,600 calories a day, I will gain 2 lbs a week.
If I eat 3,100 calories a day, I will gain 3 lbs a week.
And well you get the point.

I think its really cool being able to know this. =)

And its nice knowing that I usually eat enough to put me in the 1-2 lb gain a week category. =) I'll just keep that up and I should be fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you can really do this if you don't fall asleep!!

JMacVox said...

This is some pretty good calculatin', YYG. Don't forget to factor in your variables, like activity level (and the occasional illness) - though given the length of time you've been tracking this, I'd say that your averaging is probably pretty close to target.

In all seriousness, you should keep all of this content and then when you finally hit your "fat and happy" weight, assemble it as a book. I'm pretty sure that a publisher would pick it up, if only because it would be the total statistical opposite of most of the "diet" journals, AND you're honest about the joys and stresses of getting chunky. (Or maybe I'm just biased because I'm having fun reading your blog.)