Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Calories = Gain Weight

So in my nutrition book they said that *roughly* about 500 extra calories per day than you need will equal out to about a pound a week. So based on my weight, I need 1,900 calories daily to maintain my weight, but if I eat 2,400 calories a day, I will gain a pound a week.

So basically 500 calories extra is 1/7 of a pound per day. Soooo 1,750 calories extra per day would be 1/2 a pound per day. Wow, that sounds like a lot.. ha But this has got to be true, because when I ate in the 3,500-3,800 range for like 3 days, I definately got a gain from that.

So I dunno, I think i'm going to shoot for it 3 days in a row. Could be fun. =) I just need to get to 3,650 calories a day. That's going to be tough for me, but even if I get close I'll still gain. Yay, chubbiness here I come. =)

Plus, have I mentioned that the most I've ever weighed is 157??? I'm 152 right now so after 5 more pounds, I'll be exploring some new territory. =) how cool

3 comments:

Curious Jane said...

You make eating sound like a chore...do you ever enjoy being able to eat like this?

Anonymous said...

has your appetite grown since you started?

YumYumGirl said...

It probably sounds like a chore, but only because my appetite to measure things is interfering..lol

Basically if I eat only what I desire to eat, I stay the same weight soooo this is fun for me... eating more than what is comfortable sometimes to gain. Maybe its weird, but I enjoy. =)

And my appetite did grow for awhile, but then I went to Cali and went long periods of time btw meals sometimes, and it feels back to normal pretty much.