Friday, December 12, 2008

Week 20, Day 3: Got a new pound =)

Met my goal yesterday and well, I was 169 this morning! That's pretty exciting. I didn't even really eat much before bed so that's a good sign. We'll see if it sticks to tomorrow.

I Feel Like I'm Gaining
I also checked some measurements yesterday because I could swear I felt some gaining even though my body wasn't reflecting it. Like seriously, my hands are chubbier. I am really noticing. And my arms too. Like when I bend my arm there's some fat coming out of the side and the crease looks much more defined and my butt is feeling a lot bigger too. Plus, my girlfriend said my booty looked bigger and she noticed love handles on me for the first time yesterday. Just all these signs!

Quick measurements show some growth from my new diet (so far)!
I figured, maybe the olive oil is doing what it's supposed to and turning into subcutaneous fat and going other places instead of my waist and belly? Well, even though the measurements I took are only ONE WEEK since last time. I showed that I LOST a 1/2" on my waist, gained 1/4" on my belly (I am noticing more softness on the sides), 1/2" on my booty, and 3/4" new on my thigh.. which on a thigh.. that's a lot! ESPECIALLY in a week. I don't know if my measurements are right on, but it certainly seems like this new diet is working. We won't know for sure until a lot more time passes though.

About Good/Soft Fat
But my sweetie and I were talking about monounsaturated fat and stuff and she made a good point. She understands "good fat" which is basically monounsaturated fat like olive oil to be fat that doesn't turn solid at room temperture, while "bad fat" like butter for exmpale and saturated fats are thicker and harder fats. And that makes sense cuz I was reading about how oils turn into the "softer fat" and that's why it ends up stored just under the skin and goes to hips, and butt, and arms and pretty much all over, while the other "hard fat" is the kind that stores itself among your organs, which increases risk for a lot of bad stuff.

Anyway, I'm excited. It seems to be working so far. I just drank the last of my peanut oil on my lunch, so I have to go buy some more after work today. hee =) Yes, I know how silly I am.

Oh, and here's my classic gaining update with my new pound:

My Weight Gain
Day 1: 137 lbs *start*
Day 2: 138 lbs
Day 6: 139 lbs (1 week)
Day 9: 140 lbs
Day 10: 142 lbs

Day 15: 144 lbs (2 weeks)
Day 22: 145 lbs (3 weeks)
Day 29: 148 lbs (4 weeks)
Day 36: 151 lbs (5 weeks)
Day 45: 152 lbs (6 weeks)

Day 48: 155 lbs
Day 63: 156 lbs (9 weeks)
Day 68: 157 lbs *1st goal reached!
Day 69: 158 lbs (10 weeks)
Day 77: 159 lbs (11 weeks)

Day 87: 160 lbs (12 weeks)
Day 90: 161 lbs
Day 91: 163 lbs (13 weeks)
Day 101: 164 lbs (14 weeks)
Day 107: 166 lbs (15 weeks)

Day 125: 167 lbs (17 weeks)
Day 129: 168 lbs (18 weeks)
Day 136: 169 lbs (19 weeks)

My calories are 2,660 so far today (it's 545pm)

2 comments:

JMacVox said...

I think it's so cute that you and your sweetie are in on this together now. You have a personal cheerleader! : )

It must be cool to feel like you have her love and support (especially on the tougher days). Congrats on finding someone who understands what makes ya happy!

YumYumGirl said...

thanks! Yah, she's amazing. <3 <3 <3