Monday, December 8, 2008

Week 19, Day 6

Well, I'm getting pretty good at drinking olive oil.. ha I can't think of a better way to get monounsaturated fat. I just pour a little in a spoon.. sip it in my mouth.. swallow... repeat. At first I was grossed out and almost gagged and now I'm kinda liking how it tastes. I'm going to keep doing more. I'm tempted to do like 1,000 calories at once of just olive oil! I don't know if that would be healthy, probably.. but I'm just so curious if anything would happen I guess?



I haven't been focusing on gaining too much lately, but I have been focusing on this shift in my diet to lower carbs and higher monounsaturated fats.. and the carbs I am eating are better carbs too... like I'm cutting down candy and pop big time, but still eating some whole grain pasta, whole grain rice, and wheat bread. Drinking more soymilk too and drinking olive oil daily.. ha

I started this switch a week ago tomorrow. I'm hoping that after a couple months there might be some change in my fat distribution. I know other factors are way stronger but it should be interesting to see if it really has an effect. =)

Have a good night!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

1000 calories extra? pretty damn good. Couldn't do that myself. The idea of the taste puts me off! lol

pkjohnston2009 said...

Drinking that much oil may soften your stools. But as long as your producing "Baby Ruth's" and not "DQ Soft Serve", I'd say drink as much as you can ;)

Cheese! said...

There's nothing wrong with downing olive oil, as far as health goes, that I can see. As long as you can deal with the after-taste. And the potential for "dire rear" action. :P

If you get plenty of fibre to prevent bowel problems, that would be a truly epic way to gain weight.

Test it & see if you can handle it. If you drank that much for breakfast/lunch/dinner, that's already 3000 calories of oil, adding on whatever you eat that day...

That's a lot of calories. :p

SmartLX said...

I think you'd enjoy simply using that much oil in your own cooking more than just drinking the stuff, but if you can manage it then great. Like they say, keep up the fibre.

YumYumGirl said...

So far so good. I drank 800 calories of it last night. =)

And I used it in my pasta for dinner too so it's probably more like 1,000.

B.Rich said...

I just read an interesting article, http://nutrition.about.com/od/tryingtogainweight/a/gainehalthyweig.htm.

I think you are headed in the right direction with olive oil. If you like nuts and/or peanut butter both can be great and healthy snacks as well. One of my favorites, is peanut butter on apple slices.