Thursday, December 11, 2008

Week 20, Day 2: Almost did it, let's try again

Well, I had a goal and I failed! But not by much at least. I ate 3,350 calories so I was barely short of my goal... and 1,320 of that was monounsaturated fat so that's good.. definately 40%. So I was really close. Weird that I was still 168 this morning though.

I'm totally pumped to try again today though. Same goal: 3600 calories, 40% monounsaturated fat... I'll probably have to go to the store and get more olive oil.. extra virgin this time.

What I'm Noticing Lately
I feel like my body is getting softer and expanding but my weight isn't going up. I don't know if that's true or what, but I know for sure that I couldn't get my ring on for the first time. That kinda sucks, but it's kinda awesome? I mean, it used to be so loose it fell off all the time! I'm also noticing that that new pair of bigger jeans I bought FITS now. Ummm they were too big when I bought them. I haven't tried on my old jeans in awhile... maybe I should see if I can even get in them anymore.

But anyway, keeping track of my calories again today, Thursday Dec 11th:

Morning
coffee (10 cal)

Lunch
double black bean burger w/cheese = 480 cal
2 cups egg nog = 680 cal (30% monounsat fat, 200 cal )
peanut oil straight, 4 tbsp = 480 cal (pure monounsat fat)
Skittles, 1/4 cup = 170 cal

Snack
Walnuts, 1 serving = 185 cal (15 cal monounsat fat)
coke = 140 cal

Dinner
bhindi masala, 1 serving = 180 cal
aloo gobi, 1 serving = 250 cal
basmati rice, 1.5 cups = 300 cal
naan 1/2 = 150 cal

Before Bed
Egg nog, 1 cup = 340 cal (95 cal monounsat fat)
peanut oil, 3 tbsp = 360 cal (pure monosat fat)

Total Calories: 3,725 cal (GOAL: 3,600)
Total Monounsat Fat: 1,150 cal (goal: 1,440)


Over 3,600 this time! Wish I did a lil better on monosat fat, but that's okay.. still good. Now... will I weigh more in the morning? I swear I still feel myself expanding.. i'm feeling it in my butt and my hands. It's weird. Is it real or am I imaging it?

9 comments:

Brian said...

I think you should post a pic of you in your older jeans or other old clothes... That would make a nice set to compare from.

justmecc said...

I LOVE YOU!

JMacVox said...

Go for it, YYG! I think you can do it - you've been pretty darn persistent and I think you'll get it...

Anonymous said...

You're doing great.

Cheese! said...

Considering how many calories you're consuming, I think you're starting to fight against your metabolism.

Try little things like reducing movement & not fidgeting. Eating more infrequently (ubt larger amounts) can trick your metabolism as well.

Cheese! said...

Oh, just remembered; try making Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana sandwiches, Elvis style. that should help keep the weight coming. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, it's possible the weight you're acquiring is somewhat settled in your intestines, but over time is just distributing out. Actual weight may be fluctuating a little based on how much water you might be drinking or possibly sweating through the day.

Muscle also weighs more than fat, but I don't know if you've given up any exercise in this process to possibly warrant a bit of loss there that's also being compensated with through the fat.

Anyway, hope you break the plateau soon.

YumYumGirl said...

yah, i pretty much don't exercize.. it really doesn't feel like a plateau.. i'm not worried. =)

YumYumGirl said...

oh, and HI LOVE!!! =) XOXOXOXO