Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Week 16, Day 1: Getting Chubbier

Yah, I'm definitely getting chubbier. I've been holding steady at 163 these past couple days so I should be exceeding my new highest weight ever (164 lbs) very soon!

I found a before pic of me from about two years ago when I was pretty skinny... 143 lbs and I have the same shirt, so I put it on for some after pictures to see if there's a difference from 20 more lbs.

You can judge for yourself.

Before Pic: 143 lbs


After Pic: 163 lbs


And here's a comparison of just my face.




To be fair, I think that angle makes me look pretty chubby in that 2nd pic! There are things I like and things I don't like about the new weight on me. I like how I'm softer for example, and I like my thighs better, and my chest better and my face better... but then there are things I don't like very much too.. like how most of my weight goes to my belly and not enough to my hips, and how there's so much in my neck. Yuck! And its harder to kneel down! I know that sounds weird. It's not "hard" for me to kneel but I can definitely feel the new weight getting in my way. I guess you notice when you've been a stick your whole life.

And then of course the societal stuff. I feel uglier sometimes.. not that I feel ugly, but I perceive that others don't think I'm as attractive anymore. Friends tell me I look "healthier" but I have this feeling that they are really saying more than that when I'm not around. I dunno. I've had them reminding me of how jealous they were about my skinniness for too long.

I think overall I'm really enjoying this though. I've never really planned on keeping all the weight I gain and I'm still planning on losing some when I'm done. So far I think I feel best right at 150 lbs. We'll see though. =)

Anyway, enough on that. It's past midnight. Good night!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So I know this some random guy commenting but I think you look great. And I like how real your being about it. I wish you all the luck keep up the good work.

Cheese! said...

That angle does show an improvement in the chest region. :)

You have control over your weight gain, so no matter high you go, I'm sure you'll be able to stick at a weight that you are most comfortable with.

Anonymous said...

great before and after shots in the black t-shirt. you look so beautiful in both, but personally we like the after shots better.

as for getting used to the changes, that takes time. one thing you may want to think about is staying at your goal weight for a month once you reach it. give your body time to adjust and really see how you like the look and feel of the extra weight.

we think you are looking wonderful!

mike and janet

worldly said...

As always a great post. You look great. I understand the frustration that the weight has a mind of its own LOL. But what is important is that you really seem to be enjoying the experience.

YumYumGirl said...

yah, i mean.. its interesting to see where the weight goes and the changes i don't expect! =)

Pooperscooper said...

It's too bad you didn't take a pic of your belly in that pic because it looks pretty plump.

Ted Michael Morgan said...

I hope you will not be offended if an old man comments. You look great. This is a fascinating blog. I enjoyed my weight gain after years of being hungry and over exercised for years.