Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Heeere's the Plan

So basically I've decided to stop my gaining. I gained 35 lbs which was a great experience and very fun and I loved it and love the new weight for the most part. The only thing I didn't like is that too much of the weight went to my belly. It just seems disproportianately big and I don't really like that. =(

So I'm losing weight now, but it's probably not for the typical reasons. I've learned from this experience of gaining and I wish now that I had used olive oil from the beginning. I think maybe the fat would have distributed better. I also think gaining fast might cause more to go to my belly too, and my hormones are kinda screwed up, so I'm wondering if that might be a factor too.

Sooo basically I want to start over. =) I want to lose the weight from my belly and this time I can get a lot of good before pics too which I was lacking as I went on to gain more and more. I actually like the weight I'm at, but I really want to try gaining slower next time.. truly gaining vegan (mostly with oil), and making sure my hormones are watched and maybe adjusted this time to see if the fat distributes differently. Plus, I like the idea of dragging this out and I can easily go vegan again! I have SO MUCH extra money again..lol You save so much when you aren't trying to eat 24 hrs a day...haha

So I dunno.. I think I'm going to just lose about 25 lbs over the next 6-8 months or so. It's also a fun process for me and I'm going to take measurements as I go to see if my weight distributes differently at all as I lose. I dunno, kinda fun. Then I most likely will try gaining again this fall/winter. So that's the plan!

I am very much sticking around the community though. Weight gain and fat admiration is a part of me and I've learned that more than ever over the last few months. That will never change. I will never stop fighting societies unfair assumption that fat is somehow unnattractive (curves are hotttt!! duh!!) and I will always be proud of who I am. So there you go. =) I don't expect to have full support on my decision here, but this has always been for me so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

And I'm really excited to see if there is a big difference the next time I decide to put on some weight.

In other news, I really think 170 is a good weight for me. I like my body a lot better at this weight (except the belly is a liiiittle too much for my liking).. but I'm softer and more cuddly and my face I think looks way better than it used to. So I will definately be returning to 170 at some point. Thanks to all of you for supporting during my gain! I will forever be a gainer, so don't forget it! =)

19 comments:

David said...

I'm sure there are going to be people upset about this but it is your body so they can either support you or not. I hope that next time you gain it goes to the places you want it to go.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sports Hayes said...

Good luck hun :-)

YumYumGirl said...

Thanks =) I'll definately let you know when i'm gaining again

Unknown said...

You do realise you'll still have those god awful stretch marks. Nothing will remove them completely, not even laser surgery.

Anonymous said...

As I said before, the most important thing about gaining, is what you are the most comfortable with. I'm not sure how much weight advice from a stranger carries (no pun intended), but here is some nevertheless. Take a job that requires you to sit most of the time. This will keep you from burning the fat in your legs. Try sit-ups and crunches to target the fat in your stomach. And, if I may sound a little disappointed. I don't think you know what weight is best for you, until you're a little heavier than that. You've already proven that you can lose it without really trying.

Anonymous said...

As I said before, the most important thing about gaining, is what you are the most comfortable with. I'm not sure how much weight advice from a stranger carries (no pun intended), but here is some nevertheless. Take a job that requires you to sit most of the time. This will keep you from burning the fat in your legs. Try sit-ups and crunches to target the fat in your stomach. And, if I may sound a little disappointed. I don't think you know what weight is best for you, until you're a little heavier than that. You've already proven that you can lose it without really trying.

YumYumGirl said...

Brb - duh..lol and they aren't that bad.. and they will fade esp with vitamin E.

YumYumGirl said...

Hey Mr. Barister--

Actually everything I've read has said fat targeting isn't possible. =( So the only way to really lose fat from your belly is to lose weight entirely.

Don't worry, I will try a higher weight.. I just want to start over and do a better job gaining with monounsaturated fats instead of candy and pizza.

Thanks for your support even though it probably goes against your own desires.. i appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you're not offended. I respect the way you have a plan about it, and you're taking a healthier route to achieve your goal. Have you thought about exactly how much weight you'd like to lose? I don't remember seeing that in your blog. Weight loss can be as addictive as weight gain, but you seem to have good control, so you shouldn't have any problems there. Just curious.

lovinitbig said...

hey good for you. I think that gaining and losing isnt such a bad idea. I think it will keep you in good condition with the exercising and proper diet during the losing and you can have the fun of watching the pounds come back all over again when you are ready too. Thanks for blogging your journey. I am bumbed i got in on it so late in the game but it was very cool to see some one talk about gaining the way you do. Good luck in the future.

by the way are we ever going to get to see you post surgery?

PSov said...

Do we get to see the weight loss too?

It would be tons of fun if you share that with us as well.

Change is fun, seeing people lose weight is ALMOST as fun as seeing them gain it.

YumYumGirl said...

yah, i plan on sharing more. =)

worldly said...

You so totally rock. Your openness and the way you are going about things are so fresh and original.
You are a true explorer, seeking new routes and paths to weight gain.
I have so much respect for you and what you are doing. Please coninue to keep us posted on all of your grand adventures.
Oh by the way hard to tell from the photo but are you sure those are strech marks, they look a bit like spider veins. might want to have a doc check them out.
All the best and look forward to your lose and regain.
D

YumYumGirl said...

aw thanks worldly. =) I'm glad some people "get" what I'm up to. =)

I'm pretty sure the marks on my legs are stretch marks actually! I know its probably not so clear from the picture.. i will ask a doc for the heck of it next time though. just in case. I think I am starting to get spider veins on my feet a little =( And I know my dad has them soooo... they are probably in my future

motipet said...

Exciting news! I'm glad to hear you want to try it again vegan. I'm the vegan that posted a comment weeks ago, but never responded a second time. I'm pretty bad at keeping up with blogs and such.

I think one of the tricks is to invest some time in the world of vegan baking. A made three dozen chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes for friends on Valentines day that were just indescribable: truly the most decadent cupcakes I've ever tasted (stuffed with icing, strawberries, chocolate and covered with more of the same). I'm actually a little embarrassed to confess that although at least half of them went out to friends, they were just so good I know I had at least a dozen all by myself. It took me more than a week in the gym to work off the pudge from those... until I decided to bake again the following weekend.

Well, good luck!

YumYumGirl said...

good point. =) I think baking will be a good way to pack on some calories.. esp fresh breads.. mmmm

Tom Lucas said...

I'm really grateful to you for sharing such a detailed record of your gaining experience and I really have NO right to complain, but...are we ever going to see a photo of you that shows off your bust enhancement? Please??

Mary Prettybelly said...

My girlfriend and I are still following your blog and can't wait to see your next step.

The last time I left a post I had gained 16 and my girlfriend 20 inspired by your blog.

Your inspiration keeps feeding!

We are on a big roll, gaining is fun and addictive we are finding out. Even still we are working hard to gain quickly.

My friends are asking why I am letting myself go. Its so strange since even though I am gaining like mad I am still smaller than some of them.

I am up to 175 and my roomie is about same.

I definately no longer am called thin. But, I have a league of new admirers. Chubby chasers I guess you would call them, male n female who totally dig that I am getting fat.

I have been wearing pantyhose at night to get a better muffin top. I love going around in too tight tshirts that ride up and show my fat middle now.

We have taken tons of pics and vids of the process. Its alot of fun watching the changes. Amazing in fact. In many ways I dont even recognize myself anymore.

I have gotten some stretch marks and my tooshie is definately the bubble bottom variety now.

I am not sure I can stop gaining if i tried. My gf and I talked about this the other night. We have sorta tried several times but we are fiending on food, and drink.

We are enjoying getting fairly drunk every night which adds alot of calories.

We are not gonna worry about our weight till we pass 200. Then we might get a little serious about getting it reeled in.

I can't believe my tummy was 24 inches this time last year.

Ashamed to admit what it is now.

Anyway, you got us started and its all your fault!!

Smile